Education Contract Writer
My passion is writing fiction for reluctant readers, especially for 7-11 year-old boys. However I earn my living as a full time education market contract writer.
As a freelance education writer, I write a host of educational content through contracts with mostly educational publishers. Through this work, I’ve:
- Written 12 published books for various educational publishers
- Created instructional resources
- Helped design and write supplemental program materials for various grade levels
- Written hundreds of assessment items for instructional programs, state exams, test rep companies, and publishers that align to the Common Core
- I’ve helped design content for intervention and reading programs
- Written NGSS standards aligned science content and assessment items
- Written social studies textbook content for major educational publishers
- Wrote ESL language assessment items for New York State Ed Department
- I’ve written four fictional leveled readers that are used in elementary and middle school classrooms across the country.
- The NYS, Texas, Florida, and Georgia, State Education Departments have worked with me as a subject matter expert (especially in reading and special education programs) as well as a passage and assessment writer.
Here are some companies I’ve worked with:
- Symmetry CP
- Victory Productions
- Words and Numbers
- Rubicon Educational Publishing
- Saddleback Educational Publishing
- ABC Mouse
- Age of Learning
- OTTN Publishing
- Teachers Discovery
- JaneNotPlain Project
- Black Rabbit Books
- Research and Education Association
- Mason Crest
- Eldorado Ink
- Focus Strategic
- McHugh and Associates
Books Published for the Education Market
A prep manual for the EC-12 Certification Exam. This is for people seeking special education certification in Texas. This book has had great reviews on Amazon!
A hardcover geography book for a major educational publisher (Mason Crest) for the middle school library market.
A hardcover book for a major educational publisher (Turtleback Books) for the middle school library market.
A fictional series for a character education project called the JaneNotPlain Project.
A hi-lo fictional chapter book called The Gift (Saddleback Educational Publisher) written for struggling intermediate readers.
I wrote three books for Black Rabbit’s Rank It! series: Just released this Fall 0f 2017.
- I wrote two leveled chapter books for ABC Mouse.
- I wrote two leveled chapter books for Rubicon Publishing that are books in the TEKS (Texas State Ed. Department) official, elementary classroom leveled reading program. I’m trying to track down thumbnail images for these books.
My Articles about Writing for Reluctant and Struggling Readers
Guest post for the Pragmatic Mom Blog
If you are interested in hiring me to write educational content for your company, feel free to email me at email@example.com.